Entry and Exit Requirements

Canada welcomes you as a tourist, student or temporary worker. Every year, more than 5 million people visit Canada to enjoy the many opportunities our country has to offer.

Entry into Canada is determined by Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) officials in accordance with Canadian law .

Depending on where you live, and the reason for your visit, you will need to meet certain entry requirements. In some cases, if you plan to stay in Canada for a certain period of time, you will need a Temporary Resident Visa. Get more information from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

To visit Canada, you must:

* have a valid travel document, such as a passport
* be in good health
* satisfy an immigration officer that you have ties, such as a job, home and family, that will take you back to your country of origin
* satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit and
* have enough money for your stay. The amount of money you will need can vary with the circumstances of the visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives. For more information, ask the Canadian visa office in your country or region.

You may also need:

* a Temporary Resident Visa, depending on your citizenship (see Visas and Exemptions below)
* a medical examination and
* a letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada.

Transport companies, such as airlines, must ensure you have proper, valid travel documents when you enter Canada. If you do not have the proper documents, you may be delayed or denied boarding.

Some people are inadmissible—they are not allowed to come to Canada. Several things can make you inadmissible, including involvement in criminal activity, in human rights violations or in organized crime. You can also be inadmissible for security, health or financial reasons.


choose Englishchoose your languagewaehle Deutsch

contact disclaimer

March 23, 2011 Suchmaschinenoptimierung mit Ranking-Hits

News-Canada - Your guide to travel or immigrate in Canada News-Canada - Tips zum Reisen, Studieren und  Einwandern in Kanada